Friday, May 17, 2013

Sydney Take 1/Renee


Big city Sydney.  Renee and I took an overnight bus from Melbourne to Sydney.  It was 12 hours of trying to get comfortable and not block the aisle, no fun.  But we survived and found our hostel in Sydney to realize that despite us not having much sleep there was now a full day to waste away.  
What to do…what to do. 

We took a free walking tour of the city.  It was 3 hours and a lot of walking but did get us familiar with what was around and could help us plan what we wanted to do next.  

Unorigionally, we took the cheesy pictures with the Sydney Opera House and the bridge opposite that.  Then we just meandered some more.  Pretty unprepared tourists.  

Honestly I think I am losing motivation on writing what I do because I have not done anything terribly exciting or noteworthy.  BUT don't get me wrong, I am having a blast.  With just all the meandering and hanging out with people I am having fun.  Renee and I ended up being really solid travel buddies.  We never hung out in college and after hanging out a week straight we discovered we are SUPER similar.  We think the same things.  There was a sign "Bathurst" and I was looking at it thinking do you say Bath-urst or Bat-hurst.  Unknowingly, I said this out loud and Renee looked at me and said "I was just wondering the same thing!"  That was just one moment but this kept happening throughout our travels.  We would say the same jokes, remember things at the same time…it was weird.  

And how could I forget, we met up with Andrea!!! I was so happy to be able to see someone from St. Hallett after having the saddest goodbye with Brooke the day before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment