Friday, May 17, 2013

Rental Car


Yea, I rented a car. I have now one upped Will in the adult department. I even got a manual car to make things interesting, because driving on the left side of the road in a biggish city I am not familiar with is not challenging enough.  

I am an idiot and did not take a picture of the car, but it was a blue, 2 door Toyota Yaris.  I looked like a P.I.M.P. in it, and felt like a P.I.M.P. in it.  I got to shift all day long.  I was not perfect though.  I stalled a couple times and burned out the clutch a few times too…of course only when other people *cough* boys *cough* were in the car. I don't know why, but I get so nervous in a manual car when boys are there too. I feel that they know how to drive better than me so I freak out and do things like stall.  
My GPS slash phone in Australia

But, in the end I was able to return the car good as it came. No more or less dings in it than I started with.  

I shouldn't tell people this but I was also able to navigate my way from South Brisbane to the Airport by myself.  The challenging thing about this is that the car, as I mentioned earlier, was a manual and I was using my cell phone for it's GPS.  Shifting with one hand, holding the GPS in the other, steering with the other…wait.  I only have two hands.  It was talent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment