Friday, May 17, 2013

4 Month Mark


I have been in Australia for 4 months as of yesterday.  The cars look like they are driving on the correct side of the road.  I don't feel self conscience about having an American accent.  I can barley notice the Aussie accent.  I eat at least one meat pie a week.  I drink a coffee a day.  And now I have to go back to America and get used to another way of life…again! I think the transition will be fairly easy, but it will be a change.  I am going to miss Australia's colored plastic money.  It looks like a monopoly bank every time someone opens a cash register; I love it.  When I am back in America I am going to be so confused with dollar bills and all green!!! Now that I solidly drove a manual car, in a busy city, on the wrong side of the road, Nart is going to seem so….American.  Driving him will be a piece of cake, once I remember that we drive on the right side of the road in America.  

Australia has been a lot of fun.  I am so glad that I did this and was lucky enough to have this opportunity.  I met so many great people in Tanunda and at St. Hallett.  And saying those goodbyes was the hardest thing of this trip.  At first I thought the hardest thing was saying bye to my family and friends before I even got here, but I was wrong.  The chances of me seeing all the people I have met here again are pretty small.  I will do my best to see them, but you never know.  Thankfully, that part is done.  I have said my goodbyes and I am so antsy to get to see everyone at home again! I don't think I realized how much I missed them until I realized how excited I was to see them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment