Friday, May 17, 2013

Melbourne


I really like this city.  It is unique.  There are cute little nooks and cranes that have cool bars and or cafes.  We went to meet Renee at a bar and she warned me it was down an alley.  I said confidently, yea that is ok we can handle it.  We get to this alley that has graffiti all over it and is pretty dark.  I kept walking down and you had to turn left but around that turn was just more graffiti, a nasty smell, and another blind corner.  At this point I was a little skeptical.  Where is Renee leading us?  Brooke was so not down to continue down this path and bailed out to the main street.  I creeped up to the next turn and looked down a longer alley that had more graffiti and some lights but no people and I could not see a door.  At this point I said "Nope…" and followed Brooke's lead.  Renee called me and said she would meet us outside the bar.  The alley was was actually not sketchy, and there was a bar at the end which was lab themed.  They had syringes in their drinks and lab tables in the bathroom.  Another bar we went to was a roof top bar.  It was classy feeling to be up on top of a building looking at Melbourne.

I didn't really get to learn much about the history of Melbourne, but lets face it, it is relatively young.  All I remember is that it wanted to be the capital of Australia and failed.  Well, not failed, but it didn't happen (damn Sydney).  The capital is some rando town Canberra in-between Sydney and Melbourne.


No comments:

Post a Comment