Friday, May 3, 2013

Baggage


I am a great packer.  Yes, I am tooting my own horn.  Seriously, I came over to Australia with 2 suitcases, a carry on and a backpack.  "Heaps" of stuff.  I don't remember what the weight of everything was, but lets just say, I over packed.  I did wear everything I brought, but some was unnecessary.  In the end I wore some stuff just to make me feel that I brought it for a reason.  

I am going on a bus trip to Melbourne with Brooke and there are luggage restrictions.  You are only allowed a 70x50x25cm suitcase with a max of 15 kilos.  These numbers do NOT match up with the bags I brought.  Que insta freak out.  What the hell was I supposed to do with my extra 30ish kilos of shit? 

Well, I decided to ship a suitcase home.  Thanks to my dear William, I found a shipper that would come to Tanunda, pick up my luggage, and then deliver it in America.  Perfect! Nothing is perfect.  On the pick up day the picker uppers were scheduled to come between 9 and 12.  I called at 2:30 and they said it would be around 4.  4 hours late!? Seriously!? What do you know, at 4:45, they were still not here.  Annoying.  Thankfully St. Hallett is awesome and they are going to help me ship it out while I am traveling around.  So though, there was a hiccup in the plan, I have faith it will work out.  

Back to my awesome packing skills.  I fit 25 kilos of clothes into my big blue bag…without using the expander.  Yea.  I'm awesome.  And somehow I gained a few things while here (sweatshirt, 2 dresses, work boots) but fit my stuff into a smaller space.  I don't know how that works physically, but I did it. Boom, roasted.  

We will see if my bragging is worth it though.  I still haven't started my travels and my suitcase has still not been shipped.  So my confidence could plummet quick if shit starts to go wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment