Sunday, February 17, 2013

Family Time

Mum (mom) and Dad visited this weekend.  It was nice to see some familiar faces in Australia.  I have only been meeting new people, so meeting up with people from home was a good change of pace.  They got to listen to all my work stories and live my life for a few days.

We went to 3 great dinners, thanks to recommendations by my roommate Sophie and co-worker Kim.  I had a pizza with relish on it one night, then some Kangaroo the second night! I will say, I was not too impressed by Kangaroo, but I am happy that I tried it to say I have eaten it.  We also went wine tasting...A LOT of wine tasting.  Yalumba was the first stop, then Penfolds, Jacob's Creek and Chateau Tanunda.  Every winery had so many wines to taste.  Thank got the three of us shared all the tastings unless we would not have survived the day.  My dad did get us to try the Grange wine at Penfolds.  He is very proud to say that he tasted it since it is a very expensive wine, but good, so worth it to him.

Now the parentals are down in Glenelg/Adelaide to experience some beach time.  They are thoroughly impressed by the Australian sky, so I hope they get a great sunset on the beach.  It is seriously the best place to watch a sunset!


No comments:

Post a Comment