Thursday, January 17, 2013

Settling in Tanunda


For "not" being jet lagged I sure did sleep a lot.  I fell asleep at 6 or 7…which I thought was maybe 2 or 3 because it was so damn bright.  I woke up at 8 or 9 (and I swear, it was still bright) and shortly after an attempt to watch Big Bang Theory I fell asleep again until 9 the next morning.  No more jet lag.

Sarah was at work today, so I roamed around Tanunda by myself.  I opened a bank account so I can get rich…kind of.  I also went to a cafe to see if there was any wifi…there wasn't.  I ordered an iced coffee to not look awkward…it had ice cream in it.  So my day was just a lot of figuring out and learning.

I finally found some wifi and connected to the internet to reach my fellow Americans! I never knew how much internet meant to me until then.  I felt I was in a blackhole of internet and I would never be able to contact the world again.  This also could have been because of my phone deciding not to work.  My stupid "crackberry" has been awful and I have fought the urge to throw it against a wall.  I NEED to figure it out because I don't like being disconnected (thank you 21st century).  

No comments:

Post a Comment