Saturday, January 19, 2013

Changing Seasons


Hopping the equator and going from the heart of winter to the heart of summer is a little weird.  There are some pro's and some con's to the situation.  

Pro's:
-Summer foods: I now have access to the ripest peaches, berries, tomatoes and  so on
-I can go outside and not lose feeling in my finger tips
-It is light at 6 am, and 9pm

Con's:
-I am pasty white and look awkward to all the beautiful tan people
-It does get hot as balls (during the day)
-Mosquitos 

"What is this madness!?"
Some people may think that a summer down unda' is different from one in California, but I have not experienced anything different.  Some days it is hot, some days it is quit moderate.  There often is a nice breeze blowing through town to cool everything down.  If anything, this weather has been reminiscent of a SLO spring (making me want to play some beach volleyball).  The most annoyingly similar thing I have found so far…the cold nights!! I can't get me any warm summer nights anywhere I guess.  

Maybe their fall will be similar to ours also, but we will have to wait and find out. 

2 comments: