Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cricket


Since there was not much to do today (Friday), I decided to sit down and watch a little Cricket.  Australia is playing Sri Lanka, and from the sound of the commentators, was not playing very well.  They were on the verge of playing there lowest scoring game ever…but thanks to number 56, Starc, they surpassed their worst score, by 3.  

I think I am starting to understand Cricket, and I don't mind it, because the Australian team is VERY good looking.  Cricket is similar to baseball, but not…

From what I have picked up, there are 11 batters.  In one inning they all get a chance to bat. Once one batter gets out the next one comes in.  The ways the batter can get out is the "bowler" (pitcher) hits the 3 bars behind the batter, or the batter hits a pop fly and is caught without bouncing (like baseball).  When the batter is able to hit the ball the two batters run between the 2 sets of bars and if they have an odd number of runs it ends up the other batter has a turn at batting.  


By no means do I know any details about the game but I think I get the gist.  One thing I don't get, is why the bowlers switch out so often.  But I have decided that to be apart of the Australian team, you HAVE to be somewhat attractive (sorry Will).  

2 comments:

  1. haha you would. i'm going to have to start watching some women's sports so i can oogle too. one thing you need to ask is how kids talk about how far they got when hooking up (first base, second base, etc.). if they only have two poles, things are going to get real pretty quick haha.

    ReplyDelete